Elder Colton West

Elder Colton West

Translate

Monday, December 21, 2015

Week 60: Feliz Navidad!

Well, Christmas time is here again, and there isn't even the slightest hint of a winter chill in the air.  It's rather the opposite, seeing as I'm in the east of El Salvador and the Salvadorean winter ended last month.  At the same time, it is very nice knowing that we'll be celebrating the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in just a few days.  I'm really excited for it!  I just hope that the members here don't feed me to death.

This week has been an interesting one.  Last Monday I got a call from the secretaries while I was writing.  They told me that I had to go to San Salvador to renew my visa.  Cool, I thought, I get to see the missonaries who came to the mission with me!  Then they told me that I had to be at Migration at 9:30 in the morning.  We had to wake up at 4 in the morning to get on the 5:00 AM direct bus to San Salvador.  It was... Fun.  I definitely took a nap on the bus.  And another nap on the bus back to Santa Rosa.

As far as investigators go, I'm trying to get baptism dates set with a few people who have been eternal investigators for a while.  They're ready, it's just a matter of getting permission from their parents, or of getting them to realize that they're ready.

Time's up!  Have a wonderful Christmas!!!

Love,
Elder Colton West

El Salvador, San Salvador East Mission

Couldn't pass up the opportunity to take a picture with
Salvador del Mundo. It's somewhat of a nation emblem here.

They put up a Christmas tree that is bigger
than Salvador del Mundo.

Dinner. Yes it's a chicken foot. They're acutally not that bad,
you just have to get over the fact that you're eating a chicken foot.

We found a hot spring in my area. It is so hot that the water is
boiling when it leaves the ground, hence the steam.

No comments:

Post a Comment