Elder Colton West

Elder Colton West

Translate

Monday, September 12, 2016

Week 98: P-day? What P-day?

Yeah, we kinda didn't have much of a P-day today.  A sudden trip to immigration in San Salvador kinda took it all up.  It was fun though.  We woke up at 3:30 in the morning to catch the 4:00 bus to San Salvador.  But we kinda missed it and had to get on the 4:30 bus instead.  And by the time we got there there were no seats left.  So we kinda went all the way from Usulutan to San Salvador standing up, or bus surfing as I affectionately call it.  Really, I don't like it at all, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Anyways, we left so early because last time I went to San Salvador we got stuck in horrible rush hour traffic and were like an hour late getting to where we needed to.  We actually made record time on the trip to the bus terminal: an hour and 40 minutes.  Typically it takes 2 1/2 - 3 hours.  But I'm not complaining.  Quite the opposite, my feet and knees appreciate the rapid journey.  And today, the terrible rush hour traffic wasn't quite so terrible.  We made it to downtown San Salvador by aroud 7:15.  But that's where things got interesting.  I knew that the bus that we were on wouldn't take us directly to our stop, but I didn't know where exactly to get off, nor what bus to take.  So we got slightly lost for a while.  Thankfully I recognized some street names and we were able to get where we needed to go.  With a bit of help from some friendly people who gave directions.

So we finally got up to Immigration, my companion got fingerprinted, and he's now legal.  We'll be getting his green card in a few weeks.  We also made an unplanned stop by the national artisan market to pick up a few things for the family.

Well, time's up right now...  We don't have a ton of email time because we have to go work.  Anyways, I'll send pictures next week, because I forgot the cable for my camera.

Hasta la proxima!

Love, 

Elder Colton West
El Salvador, San Salvador East Mission


Editor's Note: since our missionary forgot his camera cable this week I thought I'd post a batch of some of my fave pics of his mission. There are SO many to choose from! I'm going to have a book made for him of all of the best pics!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment