Elder Colton West

Elder Colton West

Translate

Monday, October 3, 2016

Week 101: One More Time!

Well, this is it.  My last time writing an email to all of you as a full-time missionary.  This feels very strange.  Not that I'm complaining.  But I feel very odd thinking that in just three more days I will be home.

Well, today I just want to share with the whole wide email list my testimony of this work.  It truly is the work of the Lord.  Nobody but Him would be willing to trust the future of His church to a bunch of 18, 19 and 20, and in my case 23 year olds.  Nobody could possibly trust us that much except for someone who knows us better than we know ourselves.  It is truly incredible what a huge change that such young missionaries can make in the lives of people.  Sending us out to go preach the gospel to the world, inviting everyone to repent and come unto Christ...  God truly is in this work.  Only He could convince investigators to listen to a couple of young men from a foreign country about how to live their lives.  Were this not the work of God, it would never have had success.

If any of you out there doubt that God exists, or that He loves us, let me just tell you that He is there and He does love each of us.  Nothing that we can ever do can change that.  God is always there, and He never moves, never changes.  He never gives up on us.  His gospel can and will change our lives, if we let it.  If we live according to His will and keep His commandments, He will bless us beyond what we can imagine.

I have seen and participated in great and wonderful blessings here.  Greatest of all is the opportunity to watch the miracle of conversion take place in so many lives.  The gospel of Jesus Christ truly is universal.  It applies to everyone, in every circumstance.  Those who follow it receive the blessings that God has promised.  It does not mean that they will not have trials.  Quite the opposite, trials seem to intensify when one lives faithfully.  The blessing is not a trial-free life, but the strength to withstand those trials.  I pray that what I've learned here will be enough for me to withstand my trials that will undoubtedly come in life.  But come what may, Christ is my foundation, "the rock upon which [I am] built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."

Well everyone, it has been an amazing two years.  A bit of a roller coaster ride to be honest, but I have loved it!  I can't wait to get to see and catch up with all of you!  Take care!

Hasta la próxima!​


Elder Colton West
El Salvador, San Salvador East Mission

Super legit 3rd world bridge between my area and the zone leaders area.
It's literally and I-beam that they put across the river!

Watching conference in comfort

Conference!

#mormonlife





No comments:

Post a Comment