Elder Colton West

Elder Colton West

Translate

Monday, March 30, 2015

Week 22: Perseverance

Hey everyone!  

I'm going to apologize in advance, because this email is going to be a bit short.  I don't have a whole ton of time to write today.


This week was really good.  I learned a lesson in perseverance.  We went to pick up a family for church yesterday at 8:30 in the morning.  They weren't ready at all.  The daughter was finishing the laundry, and the son was still in bed.  The mom of the family invited us in, and we offered to do anything and everything possible to help them get to church.  My companion ended up ironing shirts, and I shined shoes to help them get ready.  We were a little late, but we got this family to sacrament meeting!

For District Meeting last week we did a little activity.  You're blindfolded, and have to make your way through a maze following the directions of one person, while other people are yelling wrong directions and making a lot of noise! This activity represents what it is like trying to follow the proper directions in life when surrounded by temptations and distractions.

(Elder West emailed back this afternoon and added this!)

Hey, I'm back for a tiny bit.  I only had half of my usual amount of email time this morning because we had a zone p-day.  I didn't get any pictures of my zone, because I forgot...  Supposedly we're going to have a multi-zone p-day in the next couple of weeks, so I'll try to get one then.

Elder Colton West
El Salvador, San Salvador East Mission

I finally got a picture in front of the
big catholic church in the middle of town!

Iglesia Parroquial San Miguel Arcangel

(Parish Church Saint Michael Archangel) of Ilobasco

District Meeting activity mentioned in letter above

Celebrating the 173rd anniversary of the founding of  
Relief Society and also Brother Hidalgo's birthday!
(Elder West, back row, 2nd from left)

The view from the gym this morning.
We can finally see the volcano again!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment