Elder Colton West

Elder Colton West

Translate

Friday, May 22, 2015

Week 29: Which Tito?

Another crazy busy week here in the mission.  I can't believe how fast this week has gone by!

We did two really awesome things as missionaries this week.  First off, we went to the temple on Tuesday.  And by "we" I mean my zone because most of the others went last week.

For those of you who don't know, the last time I got to go to the temple was in December.  That's a really long time ago as far as temple trips are concerned.  As missionaries we can only go to the temple on days that are scheduled by the mission office, and Tuesday was the first Temple Day in my time in the mission.  And it was absolutely amazing.  The temple is a spiritual recharge beyond what you know, even for the missionaries.  I am eternally grateful that we have temples in this day, and that we have one close by.  Church members: I hope you all are attending the temple regularly so that you can receive the blessings that come from doing so.  And if you aren't, I invite you to repent and claim your blessings.  Nonmembers: please ask your friendly neighborhood Mormons about the temple. They would love to tell you all about it!

The other really awesome thing that we did was a contacting activity as a district.  On four different days this week we went to parts of our areas and contacted every house.  We gave everyone a card with the Articles of Faith, talked about that for a minute, then asked if we could come back another day and teach more.  We handed out 300 cards, and just for my area we got 48 references from this activity, and gave many more people the opportunity to know a little bit more about what the Mormons really believe.

I hope all is going well for you all!  Take care!

Elder Colton West
El Salvador, San Salvador East Mission

Editor's Note: Sorry for my late posting/sharing. We have had company the past week and tons of senior year activities with Caleb. Commencement was last night and I'm finally taking a few minutes to get Monday's letter posted here. We have no idea what the title of this week's letter means as Elder West forgot to tell us!  I also have a TON of pics of the Temple day and a district meeting that I will post later. 


 
Outside the San Salvador Temple
(Editor's Note: we love the reflection camera snafu that cause the streak of light above his head.
Kind of symbolized the enlightenment that can come to one's mind when worshipping in the temple)

Monumento al Divino Salvador Del Mundo
"Monument to the Divine Savior of theWorld"

That's a cockroach.  It was bigger than my thumb and invincible. 
I am now very very afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment