Elder Colton West

Elder Colton West

Translate

Monday, September 7, 2015

Week 45: Elder Nelson

So here's the promised info about the visit of Elder Russell M. Nelson....

It was a wonderful experience!  The moment that one of the mission presidents told us that he was going to enter the chapel, all of the nearly 600 missionaries there went silent.  Elder Nelson entered, greeted the mission presidents and their wives, and greeted the choir.  Then he greeted every missionary individually.  Or, better said, we went by rows to shake his hand and greet him.  When it was my turn, something interesting happened.  As I shook his hands and looked into his eyes, a quiet voice came to my mind, one that wasn't really mine.  The voice of the Holy Spirit spoke to me.  It only said one small thing.  "This man is an Apostle of Jesus Christ."  It was confirmation that I had asked for that morning, in my personal prayers.  He, and the other Apostles are exactly what they say they are.  I believed it before, and now I know it.  And I am grateful to my God that He has helped me to the point where I can know, and not just believe.

This is all that I have time to write today.  I had to take care of some personal matters in my writing time.  Thank you all so much for your love and prayers.  You all are in my prayers always.  Have a blessed week!

Photos: from a trip last week to the Salvadorean Air Force museum.

Love,
Elder Colton West
El Salvador, San Salvador East Mission

Elder West at the Salvadorean Air Force Museum

Elder Ramirez and Elder West at the
Salvadorean Air Force Museum

No comments:

Post a Comment