Elder Colton West

Elder Colton West

Translate

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Week 48: Wake me up when September ends!

Where in the world did my change go?  I swear we just started it yesterday, and it's already gone.  And here I thought that time flew by when I was still at home.  Anyways, the title is what it is because I am super tired.  Last week was a tiring one, and to top it off we played soccer for something like 3 hours this morning.  I want to sleep until October starts, but I can't do that.  There's work to do.

So General Conference is this week!  I can't beleive that we're already in this wonderful part of the year again!  In this era we are truly blessed.  In many other centuries of human history, the beleivers 


Where in the world did my change go?  I swear we just started it yesterday, and it's already gone.  And here I thought that time flew by when I was still at home.  Anyways, the title is what it is because I am super tired.  Last week was a tiring one, and to top it off we played soccer for something like 3 hours this morning.  I want to sleep until October starts, but I can't do that.  There's work to do.


So General Conference is this week!  I can't beleive that we're already in this wonderful part of the year again!  In this era we are truly blessed.  In many other centuries of human history, the believers would have had to travel hundreds or thousands of miles to have the chance to listen to a prophet of God.  The grand majority never had the opportunity.  General Conference is such a huge blessing to the world.  We can hear and see a prophet of the Lord, the mouthpiece of God, some of us without even having to change out of our pj's.  We can receive instructions from the duly called and ordained servants of the Lord without having to travel farther than the nearest LDS chapel.  I am sure that the Saints in previous dispensations would have given literally everything they had to have the opportunity and blessing that we take for granted today.

I share with all of you my solemn testimony that these men are called of God.  They have been ordained in the manner decreed by God; He has entrusted them with His authority, His Priesthood.  They are Prophets, Seers, and Revelators.  The 12 modern Apostles are just as much Apostles as were Peter, James, John, or any of the others called nearly 2000 years ago.  They are the 12 special witnesses of Christ in these latter days.

I invite all to not only listen to the words spoken in the Conference, but treasure them.  These talks don't come from the men behind the pulpit.  They come from someone much greater.

Have an amazing week!  Coming up next week: What was Elder West's favorite conference talk?  Stay tuned to find out!

Photos: these are the pictures that I am using for my agenda covers this change.

Love, 
Elder Colton West

El Salvador, San Salvador East Mission






No comments:

Post a Comment