Elder Colton West

Elder Colton West

Translate

Monday, April 11, 2016

Week 76: It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year! Again!

That's right folks!  For those of you with exceptional memory, you may recall that I sent an email with this same title around this time last year.  For those of you who, like me, only have normal memory, the most wonderful time of the year is mango season!  And living in the tropics, we get the good mangos, the ones that ripen on the tree.  They are incredibly delicious, especially with chile.

It is also a wonderful time of the year because we are working like mad and seeing results.  Right now we have three baptism dates set.  I'll tell you a bit about the most positive of them: Ricardito.

Ricardito is the 13-year-old gransdon of a recently reactivated member from Chapeltique.  He actually came to church once before we started teaching him, thanks to his grandparents inviting him.  We've been teaching him for the last couple of weeks.  He is very positive, and does an extremely good job paying attention in the lessons.  That usually is a big challenge when we teach kids.  He's really good about completing his committments to read and pray, and we put the goal that in a few more years he is going to go on a mission to Argentina and baptise Messi (his favorite futbol player).  His baptism date is for the 30th of this month.  I'll keep you udpdated on how things go with ricardito.

We're also working a ton with the less active members of Moncagua.  As always in Central America, there's a lot of them.  Yesterday four of them who we have been visiting made it to Sacrament meeting.  And even better, one less active family brought an investigator with them!

So yeah, things are looking good here in Moncagua!  I hope that all of you have an awesome week!  If it's really awesome, send me an email telling me about it!  Yes, I am guilt tripping you all about emails again!  Yes, you are allowed to email me!  Yes, I want to read your emails!  And Yes, I will respond!  So write me!!!

Okay, well, time's up for this week.  Take care!

Love,

Elder Colton West

El Salvador, San Salvador East Mission

Hard-working companions!

Mangos. Or what's left of them after I find them.
They're especially delicious with chile.

Even more "Tie Challenge!"
Another week, another 7 ties
(he must have forgot a picture because we only received 6).
 Only 13 more to go, because Ricardito's grandma gave me 2 ties this week,
and I traded a tie with another elder to get the one I'm wearing today 
(lower left is a hot off the press pic of Elder West TODAY! 4.11.16)

No comments:

Post a Comment