Elder Colton West

Elder Colton West

Translate

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Week 83: Ich ben ein Berliner

Wow, it's already P-Day again.  I feel like I just got done writing you all last week!  Not that I'm complaining though.  Nothing in the mission is worse than a slow week.

This morning we were told the changes......  And I stay in Berlín for another change!  I'm very happy about that.  I don't want to leave Berlín.  I love this town and the people who we are teaching here.  On the down side, my companion Elder Hernandez has changes.  We were both hoping that neither of us would have changes.  We've become close friends during the last few weeks.  Lots of conversations about scout camps (he participated in the Honduran Boy Scouts), computers, music, cars, motorcycles, etc.  I'll tell you next week about my new companion.  Who knows, maybe I'll be with another gringo.

Right now we are teaching an amazing family, the Martinez Family.  They're former investigators who started receiving the missionaries about 9 months ago.  The sister missionaries dropped them a while back, but a sister from the branch gave us a reference and went with us to contact them again.  Thank goodness that she did.  The Martinez family are powerful (literally translating the mission slang.  Sorry if it seems a bit odd).  They are a very kind, loving, and humble family.  We've had some wonderful lessons with them.  They have a great desire to learn about the gospel, and have a baptism date for the 2nd of July.  The only difficulty is that the dad, Noé, works in San Salvador during the week, so we can only teach him on Saturday and Sunday.  But other than that things are absolutely peachy!  The son of the family, Frank, and his cousin Josué went to church with us yesterday.  They liked it a lot, and want to bring the whole family next week.

That's it for this week.  Tune in next week to find out about the new companion and the progress of our investigators!

Love,

Elder Colton West

El Salvador, San Salvador East Mission

This is called a "paterna"

They are giant seed pods from a tree that grows here

You open them, remove the seeds, and eat the white fuzzy coating
(it has a sweet taste).  Then you can boil the seeds in salt water
and eat them with lemon juice and chile.  They're yummy.

Guacamole. Yum.

Yes, I actually eat avocado now.  I've learned to like it here!

A sign in the cyber cafe that we're in right now.
                 It's a good sign (ha! puns!)


Dinner after our Family Night with the Martinez Family



No comments:

Post a Comment