Elder Colton West

Elder Colton West

Translate

Monday, June 6, 2016

Week 84: Pull Your Head Out of the Clouds!

Another beautiful week here in Berlin!  There has been a definite change in the climate this last week.  Last month things were very hot, for Berlin at least.  Daytime highs in the 90s, with humidity.  Yuck!  This week has been cold and rainy.  Quite the opposite of how I hear that things are back in AZ.  Saturday afternoon was so cold that I ended up wearing a sweater the whole day.  It probably wasn't any colder than 65 or 70°, but I felt like it was freezing!

Work-wise, things are going well for us.  The Martinez Family are progressing slowly but surely.  Unfortunately, they didn't make it to church this Sunday.  So we went to their house sunday night to commit them to go to church next week, after teaching a lesson of course.  Jefferson is preparing for his baptism this Saturday.  And we've dropped Arturo as an investigator.  He hasn't progressed at all, and every time we go to teach him he has an excuse ready to get out of the lesson.  Hopefully he'll notice a big difference, and want to receive the missionaries later on.

So, last week I mentioned that I would be receiving a new companion.  Well, he has arrived.  He is Elder Martinez.  But he's not latino, he's gringo.  Sort of.  He comes from a mexican family, but was born and raised in California.  He was in my last district, when I was in Moncagua, so we already know each other.  He has 8 months in the mission, and this is only his second area.  Unlike most other changes, we actually know part of the reason why he got sent here.  I have a special assignment to help Elder Martinez master his Spanish.  We're working on that with lots of language study time.  As far as I can tell, a bigger part of why Elder Martinez got sent here is because of his work ethic.  As we say down here, ¡estamos echando fuego!  In english terms, we are on fire!  Working a somewhat big area like Berlin means that we are always moving.  And since Berlin is on a hill, we work hard.  I'm so glad that God sent me a hard-working companion.  It helps me to keep on keeping on.

Baggy/Trunky Moment: thanks to my wonderful little sister, I remembered that I have exactly four months left in my mission.  That's kinda scary.

Photos: I don't have any way to upload photos this week.  I'll try to send some next week though.

Have a wonderful week!

Love,

Elder Colton West

El Salvador, San Salvador East Mission

Since Elder West was unable to send us pictures this week I've
included one of my favorites of him with his mission president,
Presidente Vasquez from Guatemala.
Christmas 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment