Elder Colton West

Elder Colton West

Translate

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Week 93: E.T. Phone Home!

So yeah, I got emergency transferred again.  I was reaaaaaaaally hoping that this would never happen again, but God had other ideas.  To make it worse, I got taken away from Berlin, which is probably my favorite area in the mission.  But the Lord called (by way of my mission president) and like any good disciple I said "Here I am."

So now I'm serving in the city of Usulután.  And oh goodness is it hot!  Highs in the 90s and humidity at or above 50%.  Let's just say that nobody would ever even think of building a sauna here.  But the people are very nice, very receptive to the gospel.  And our area is very big, so we never run out of people to contact.

So, last thursday was the mission-sponsored temple trip.  It was awesome!  I got to see a ton of people from my old areas!  A few people from Ilobasco, lots from Santa Rosa, and a few from Moncagua as well.  It was great to get to see them again, seeing as it is probably the last time I'll see any of them in my mission.

And that's the strangest thing of all...  I'm almost done with my mission.  I saw a few friends at the temple who finish their missions this month.  Guys from way back when, like Elder Hood and Elder Le May.  We all feel very strange that the mission is almost over for us.  For my part, I'm going to go out sprinting.  Not literally, but I'm not going to slow down for the end.  There are people to teach.  There are souls to save.

So I'll give updates about my area next week when I've had the chance to learn it a bit better.

Take Care!

Elder Colton West


El Salvador, San Salvador East Mission

Elder West and Elder Vasquez
in Berlin
Familia Munoz, from  Berlin
Saying goodbye before leaving for Usulutan

Elder West with new companion, Elder Socop (Guatemala),
assigned to Usulutan

Elder Socop in their area in Usulutan

more from Usulutan


No comments:

Post a Comment