Elder Colton West

Elder Colton West

Translate

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Week 94: Well...That was unexpected.

Email from August 15th:

So when I logged into my mission email today I wasn't expecting to see a little something from the mission... Turns out that they sent me my travel itinerary (I think that's how you spell it...)  Things suddenly got super super real.  I'm about to start my last transfer in the mission.  I really don't know how to feel about that.  So I'm gonna try not to think about it.  I just hope that I get to finish my mission here in Usulutan.  Moving really sucks.  
 
In other news...  Well, we're on fire here in Usulutan.  The other elders in the ward had a baptism Sunday morning right before sacrament meeting.  Ever since I went to do the interview they said that they weren't sure about when it was going to happen, because of the dad's work schedule.  Turns out that Sunday was the only day he had free.  So, baptism on Sunday morning.  My comp and I went running all over creation to bring investigators to the baptism.  Seriously, we walked something like a mile and a half just bringing people to church.  The bright side is that we had six investigators in the baptism and in Sacrament meeting!  And the best part is that they all stayed for Sunday school afterwards!  Getting people to stick around after sacrament meeting can be a bit of a challenge sometimes.

Elder Socop and I are gearing up to have some baptisms in the next couple of weeks.  First up will be Alexander.  He's a super awesome kid.  He used to be involved with the gangs, but has somehow miraculously gotten out of that without getting killed.  He is super interested in the church, and is getting very actively involved with the young men program.  We're hoping to baptise him within the next two weeks.

Next up will be Rafael or Christopher.  Rafael is the son of a recent convert, but I haven't met him yet.  Christopher is the son of a less-active member, and could be baptized in any moment, we just have to teach him a bit.

A bit later on, we're going to baptize the Gonzalez family, a family of four: grandma and grandpa, and their two grand-kids who live with them.  We're working with the Bishop and his wife to help the grandma lose the fear of the pastor of her old church.

And that pretty much sums up the week.  Take care!

Love,
Elder Colton West

El Salvador, San Salvador East Mission

Coconuts! They're delicious and nutritious. Especially when
they've just been cut from the palm tree. Yum!

My amazing family sent me a Lego set!

In the beginning, there were only parts without order

And it came to pass that Elder West assembled the Wookiee.

And it came to pass that after Elder West had
assembled the Wookiee that he did build a micro-fighter
that the Wookiee might fly!


No comments:

Post a Comment