Elder Colton West

Elder Colton West

Translate

Monday, August 24, 2015

Week 43: Phoenixtepeque, Arizonatenango!

*bass riff* Another change bites the dust. *bass riff* Another change bites the dust.  And another one gone, and another one gone, another change bites the dust!

And just like that another change has ended.  I feel like every time I blink a month has gone by.  And in every month some things change.  Like my companion.  I am now serving with Elder Ramirez, of Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua, México.  He's in his last change.  The Lord keeps putting me with "old" missionaries.  But it's a good thing, because I can learn a lot from them.  So far we get along really well, and work together well.  I'll let you know more about my companion as I get to know him better.

I'm still in Valle Nuevo, Ilopango.  Yeah, another change here, I know.  Good thing that I like this ward.  I'll probably stay here in October too, because they generally don't take both companions out of an area at the same time.  My hope is that I'll get to train next change, but we'll see what the Lord and President have to say about that.

We have some exciting things coming up in the mission this week.  Firstly, we get to go to the temple on Wednesday!  Secondly, on Thursday we have our quarterly interviews with President Vasquez.  And thirdly (and most exciting), on Friday the 3 missions in El Salvador are having a special conference with Elder Russell M. Nelson!  I will give updates on those 3 things next week.

Well, my email time is up.  I hope you all have an awesome week!

p.s. the email title...For a joke I "Salvadorean-ized" Phoenix, Arizona...-tepeque and -tenango are common endings of names of cities and states here.


Elder Colton West

El Salvador, San Salvador East Mission

Me with my new companions.  Elder Ramirez is in the middle. 
The other is Elder Gonzalez.  He was only with us for one
day before he went home to have knee surgery. 
He should return to the mission in a couple of months.

Me with my friend Fernando. 
He is the son of a member who helps us with the work.

That is a "chinche".  It's slightly smaller than my hand, and dangerous. 
They have a venom that will put even an adult in the hospital. 
We didn't touch it, just took pictures and then killed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment